Tuesday 26 April 2011

Modern ICONS

On my natural hair journey, there are a lot of things 'they' slyly fail to mention before transitioning from relaxed natural hair ...

Natural hair doesn't automatically become the picture of health...
it takes and needs great care and moisture, conditioning, moisture, conditioning MOISTURE ! Did i say moisture ?

It has become very apparent that each person's hair is as individual as a finger print ..i.e, olive oil used on it own in my hair dries the fo shizzle outta of my strands.

My hair now that  i'm trying to grow it, drinks up hair moisturisers like a sahara... one thing that has helped amongst a plentitude of other oils and potion is Lush's R & B @ £9.95 it is a bit expensive for quite a small tub(100g) but contains such nourishing, and earth friendly stuff... plus a lil does go a long way ! A pleasant smell and a lotion does weigh ...


This was recommended to me by Kera of Moody Manes ( check out interview below!). My hair seems to love this stuff. Logic tell me natural works best natural so its a given that this stuff should work really -You'll find the product is packed with goodies such as oat milk, fair trade olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil amongst a world of other goodies...

Continuing on my path i do look to every avenue for hair inspiration.. then you find because one wears a natural we are a kinda minority.. the women at the forefront rocking a natural appear to have such inspirational strength. I have come across a couple of who I've become drawn to and may well be on to their way to becoming modern icons...

I have blogged about her amazing voice before Janelle Monae, her energy speaks volumes by the way she expresses herself....






Now I never thought I'd  think this let alone type aloud but Solange Knowles is seriously  reppin', despite the great force that is her sister, she has been able come into her own... 





Nikisha
Cipriana

I have come across a few sites for our curly coiled sista.... Urban Bush Babes  is by far my favourite! founded by Nikisha & Cipriana, best friends and "pasionista's"  based in NYC they have a website  movement which is packed with insightful hair regimes, product reccomendation and fabulous vintage style and finds!


My search goes on... let me know if you have any modern ICON's you look to ?...


Ciao for now :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment